Monday, July 26, 2010

Is it so horrible to wash my hair with a shampoo and conditioner with these ingredients? PLEASE ANSWER?

I use Aussie Sun-touched Shine shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo has good ingredients, except for Sodium Laureth Sulfate (which I hear dries out hair). The conditioner is good too except for fragrance (which I hear is a harmful combination of chemicals). My hair is fairly straight and not too oily or dry, just inbetween. I do use a leave-in conditioner sometimes, a deep conditioner once weekly. So, is it really so horrible to wash my hair three times a week with these products? Thanks!Is it so horrible to wash my hair with a shampoo and conditioner with these ingredients? PLEASE ANSWER?
i dun think u should use that shampoo if it has sodium laureth sulfate in it...Is it so horrible to wash my hair with a shampoo and conditioner with these ingredients? PLEASE ANSWER?
I did use that line once, it didn't make much of a difference, but I did find my hair being a little more dry... if you deep condition (not with the same conditioner tho), you'll be fine.
All cleaning agents will dry out your hair to some extent. As for fragrance I personally don't see the harm. Your hair is not alive and soaking up trace amounts of something harmful won't hurt you.





The blunt truth is that there is only so much you can do that will affect the condition of your hair once it has already sprouted out of your head.





But I do wonder why you are asking this question?





Ohhhh... are you concerned about the environment? Well there is that argument but I don't believe there is a product line out there that will do less harm ... those without the chemicals that are deemed harmful don't work as well so you end up washing things more often ... wasting power and water not to mention your time cleaning things over and over. Most of the time when a product make claims about being environmentally friendly it is only a marketing ploy and ends up being worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment