Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm real confused. How often should I be using Shimmer Lights Shampoo and Conditioner? Daily? Once a week?

I already had blonde hair (some of it hightlighted and some or it colored) but then I wanted MORE highlights in there. The highlights and color i already had were golden blonde. I wanted some BARBIE BLONDE highlights (that Paris Hilton kind). My hairdresser did it but....it looks the same. I have only SOME really this platinum blonde highlights. My hair is still mainly golden blonde. I was told by someone to use Shimmer Lights Shampoo and Conditioner....to take out the yellow, it says. What REALLY does taking out the yellow mean? Will it help lighten my hair (the gold streaks to barbie blonde streaks)? Or....will it just make my hair look ONE EVEN COLOR.......clearly, I dont want my entire hair to look the same, i wouldnt have gotten highlights then. Help me. And how often do I use this stuff? I read somewhere online that using it daily can turn my hair purple. Ummmm....I don't want purple hair, not my kinda thing. Help pleaseeee. THANKS!I'm real confused. How often should I be using Shimmer Lights Shampoo and Conditioner? Daily? Once a week?
It doesn't take out the yellow, the purple pigment neutralizes it, but it will NOT make your hair lighter. The generic brand will make your hair purple if used too often, I wouldn't recommend it more than once a week. Make sure to get the Clairol Professional version, rather than the Sally's brand.


Your hair may be too difficult to lift up to a platinum blonde, it depends on what level your hair was to begin with.I'm real confused. How often should I be using Shimmer Lights Shampoo and Conditioner? Daily? Once a week?
use it once or twice a week. it just neutralizes the yellow color, but it won't lighten it. some people, like myself, can't lighten the hair after a certain level. you may want to ask your stylist to try getting it lighter, but there's a chance she can't lighten it too much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment